Asian Rhinoplasty for a Small Nose and Lack of Bridge

Hello, I have a very small nose. It suits me, but i think my alars are too flared, especially when I smile.I seem to lack a bridge. I know that asian rhinoplasty is the most difficult because it requires a very skilled surgeon to make it look natural, and i am kind of scared having to mess my face up but I really need this, i have been fantasizing about a nose job since I was in high school. It would really help me, thank you.

Rhinoplasty for Small Nose

+2

Your alar flare is a common problem among certain ethnic groups which can be corrected  during rhinoplasty surgery. I prefer to use the patient's own cartilage to augment the bridge and improve nasal projeection.  Some advocate the use of silicone implants, but there is a significant risk of implant movement, extrusion, rejection and infection even years after placement. Stop fantasizing about having nasal surgery and consult  with  an experienced surgeon(s) to discuss alternatives and reasonable expectations so you can determine if you want to have this operation. Many people share your desire for a more defined nose.

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photo, you appear very attractive as you are.  Be sure that you spend ample time with surgeons you visit going over before and after photos of similar cases like yours.  Computer simulations are also helpful in determining what kind of look you want.  Alar flaring can be treated usally with just a small procedure and not a full-blown rhinoplasty if the ala are all you are hoping to have addressed.  I would be happy to provide you a comprehensive in-person evaluation!

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

All rhinoplasties require a skilled surgeon.  Asian rhinoplasty has it own set of issues that need to be addressed such as augmentation of the dorsum, tip refinement and alar base reduction.  I like autologous tissues vs synthetic grafts for augmentation to prevent rejection and long term problems.  Consult a surgeon who has done Asian rhinoplasties and look at his photos before you decide.  Donald R Nunn MD Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty to Build Up Small nose

+1

Yes, there are particular challenges to Asian rhinoplasty, especially with the need for building up the nose. You can see on the attached photos just how natural these procedure results can be. In this case, Gore-tex was used to build up the profile, in addition to tip work, to give a stronger more refined appearance.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to Make Nose Larger

+1

It is possible to make a small nose larger for patients of Asian descent. It takes major experience and judgement as it is one of the hardest problems in aesthetic rhinoplasty work. You may need dorsal augmentation, alar medialization, and lower lateral tip cartilage grafts. Make sure to see someone who does alot of this work and can show you pictures of successful results.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Modification to the tip and dorsum is possible for patients with problems of those areas. It is hard to tell from your photo.