Would you suggest labiaplasty? (photo)

I am in my twentys and i have become embarrassed of my labia (minor and major) because of their size. I have had boyfriends but it my lady parts always come up in discussion as decreasing their size or not having them there at all (not all off but what other models or most girls my age have them). Im with my current boyfriend now and i just don't know what to do. what do u suggest? how much will it cost? basically i want to know anything you can provide me about this procedure.

Labiaplasty candidate?

+2
Based upon your photos and your concerns, you are in good company with almost every single other patient that undergoes labiaplasty.  If you are otherwise healthy the procedure can typically be done under local anesthesia with twilight sleep sedation and you go home the same day. Although prices vary by location as well as surgeon experience and reputation, I charge $4500 for inner labiaplasty and an additional $2500 for the outer labiaplasty (when indicated). Glad to help. 

Do I suggest labiaplasty?

+2
I reviewed your photos. Your labia minora are enlarged but not massively enlarged. Since they cause you embarrassment, a labiaplasty is a good idea. However, it must be performed by a surgeon with experience. One of the two most common techniques is the central wedge technique, which I invented in 1995 and published in the plastic surgery textbooks. It is also known as the "V" or wedge technique. Gynecologists and most plastic surgeons perform a labioplasty very differently. They essentially trim the labia minora (inner vaginal lips) and leave a long suture line instead of the normal labial edge. Their technique is the same whether a scalpel or a laser is used. In contrast, the central wedge removes triangles of tissue and bring the normal edges together. Thus, the normal labial edges, normal color, and normal anatomy are preserved, but the darkest labial tissue is usually removed. You have extra tissue on your clitoral hood, so I would reduce it at the same time. Your labia majora can also be reduced by removing skin from the inner portion of your majora.  No matter the technique, an inexperienced or unskilled surgeon can lead to a high rate of complications, chronic scar discomfort, labial deformities, and further surgery.

Gary J. Alter, MD

Would you suggest labiaplasty?

+2
   If you feel uncomfortable with the appearance and you are considering surgery, I would discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs this procedure regularly.

Motivations for labiaplasty

+2
should come from the patient as everyone has something that can be 'improved' with surgery.  But whether to do this or not should be your decision alone and no one elses.  If you desire a trimmed look, a labiaplasty will achieve that for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Labia reduction

+2
While many plastic surgeons like myself do this as a cosmetic procedure in the office or in the operating room as a part of our cosmetic surgery practice there are some OB/GYN who may do as an insurance based procedure. You appear to be a good person to undergo the procedure. Good Luck

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty

+1
Labiaplasty is a very personal procedure. There are numerous anatomical variations in the size and shape of the labia.
If the labia interfere with sex you should consider the emotional, economical and physical aspects of undergoing a surgery on a sensitive, sexual appendage. A thorough in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic or Obstetric Surgeon you may help you to decide if it is the right thing for you.
Pricing depending on your location is in the range of $3000.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Self confidence awaits...

+1
It sounds like you've dealt with this issue for a number of years and through a number of relationships. That's got to be hard. I would suggest you consider at least a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Get your questions answered both about the recovery and financial aspects of the surgery and make an informed decision. Good luck.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty candidate

+1
From your photo, you appear to be a very good candidate for labiaplasty which will reduce the excess tissue you have. I specialize in labiaplasty and many of my patients complain about similar things before they have surgery. In addition to patients feeling self conscious, many patients also have discomfort or see a bulge in their clothing. I truly feel that this surgery helps improve women's quality of life. Please look on my website for some photos and testimonials about this surgery.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Labiaplasty surgery in Los Angeles

+1
Our office specializes in labiaplasty surgery in Los Angeles. A meticulous labiaplasty procedure can help reduce the size and protrusion of the labia minora. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Labiaplasty

+1
Women seek labiaplasty for discomfort with exercise, discomfort in clothes, or cosmetic reasons.  This is a low risk/high reward procedure.  If you are self-conscious you are a candidate.  Make sure you see a surgeon who has had a lot of experience in this area, and make sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures.  Plan on a up to 4 weeks of selling and discomfort since it is hard to elevate this particular body part!

Daniel Greenwald, MD