If I don't where a compression garment, will I ruin my results? (photo)

I CANNOT WEAR THIS ANYMORE!!!! I was so uncomfortable last night and I went the whole day without it. Now I'm sooooooo swollen and I look pregnant. I tried to put it back on but it is painful and itches so bad. The same thing happened in my first procedure and I think it affected my results. I really wanted to follow through this time but I'm miserable. Any suggestions?

If I don't where a compression garment, will I ruin my results?

+2

You didn't say what you had done and when. I have been doing lipo, which I assume you had, for 28 years. I have done all kinds of compression treatments. I don't think that compression alters the long term result at all. It is for short term comfort and maybe it speeds the lumpy recovery phase a little.

Doctors can get ritualistic with how they treat things but based on experience you will do just fine without compression. Just guts it out

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

If I don't wear a compression garment, will I ruin my results?

+1

I think compression is very helpful after larger volume liposuctions.  In smaller liposuctions, the value is probably less.

Control your swelling with the garment

+1

Your compression garment will help to control any swelling that may occur. Some patients find it hard to wear because it can become tight when you are swollen, but please be patient it will help.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

+1

Your first mistake is not following your surgeon's advise. Second is asking in a over internet forum- we can not recommend what is best for you since we are NOT your surgeon.. Third why not phone your surgeon to be seen to address the girdle issue. In my opinion it will effect your outcome..