Is There a Sufficient Amount of Blood Source to Transfer & Keep Fat on Nonexistent Hips?

I was told by a doctor that they would not add fat to my hips because it will eventually result in saddlebags. Is this true?

Fat tansfer to hips

+1

Yes it an be transferred to the hips but may have to be done in stages. Accessing skin quality before fat transfer can avoid getting saddlebags, which is what most people try to treat in the first place.

Fat Transfer

+1

Have a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and consider the alternatives.  This may be dependent on your existing fat and skin quality. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to hips

+1

Fat can survive in the hip region. The tissues are not a thick as those in the buttock, and you may not be able to have as much transferred in one procedure, but there is no reason why it will not work if performed by an experienced practitioner. Once it is transferred, it usually stays where is is placed and does not migrate to a lower position.

Regards,

Daniel Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer for Hip Augmentation

+1

Hi there-

I have successfully performed transfer of fat to the hip area at the time of Brazilian Butt Lift on several occasions.

While the area does not allow for the magnitude of augmentation that is possible in the buttock area, it is possible to achieve long term augmentation and fat survival with good technique.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Fat Transfer

+1

Fat transfer can be done to the hips, and has the same chance of taking as in the buttocks..........