13 Stone Hypertension Sufferer: Would I Be Able to Have a Tummy Tuck?

as i suffer with hypetention, which is controlled with bendrofluazidewould i still be able to have a tummy tuck? as i currently weigh 13st approx how much weight is lost in this operation nd how many dress sizes could you drop?

Tummy Tuck (TT) and weight

+1

Your weight at around 180 may or may not be appropriate for tummy tuck depending on your height, since that is important in determining if you are of acceptable weight. As long as your blood pressure is controlled and you are under appropriate medical supervision, that is not necessarily a problem.

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck

+1
Abdominoplasty is not a weight loss procedure. However, tummy tuck can be performed in people with hypertension as long as medical problems are under control

David L. Abramson, MD

Hypertension and Tummy Tuck

+1

Patients can safely undergo tummy tucks with a history of hypertension if the blood pressure is well-controlled.  However, tummy tucks are not procedures which are performed for weight reduction, but rather are done for removal of excess skin.  You will obtain your best result if you are at or near your ideal body weight at the time of your abdominoplasty.

John Whitt, MD

Am I suitable for tummy tuck

+1

Dear Lizi,

If your hypertension is well controlled with medication, then this will not be a problem.   Your weight may be a problem as the risk of complications is increased the heavier you are.  I work on a cut off of a BMI of 30 (BMI is body mass index and is calculated by dividing your weight in kilograms by your height in metres squared).

The main reason for abdominoplasty is to remove excess lower abdominal skin rather than a tool for weight loss.  The weight of the tissue removed is usually a secondary concern compared wiht the amout of skin that is removed allowing the abdominal contour to be tightened and restored.

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon