Doctor Put in Smaller CCs than Discussed, Now Wants to Charge for Revision to Enlarge, What Can I do?

My doctor didn't put the size i wanted. I told him million times to put between 400cc - 500cc and he put 300cc. He didn't listen to me. He insisted on telling me "I will decide the best size for you while on surgery" . And now Im here. Wearing the same bras I used to wear before. That's so sad and frustrating. I wish I could go back on time and choose other surgeon. What can I do now? He doesn't even want to listen to my opinion about my breast. He just told me to come back in a year and put bigger.

Doctor Wants to Charge for Revision to Enlarge

+2

This is a difficult situation.  First of all, you should try to determine whether or not there was room (on your chest) for the size you desired.  In some cases, the patients asks for things that may not be reasonably accomplished with a one-stage breast enlargement (ie, it may take a tissue expander and/or two stage to get to the size the patient wants).  If you didn't have enough skin and subcutaneous tissue, then it may not have been possible to achieve the size you wanted.  Ideally, this is something that would have been discussed preoperatively.  At this point, though, your choices are essentially to stay with your original surgeon or to go with another surgeon.  I would expect that it will cost you less - however annoying - to have them redone with your surgeon, and if you are otherwise happy with your result, then that is probably what I would advise.  If there are other issues with your result, then it may be worth it to have a revision with a different surgeon.  You may want to have a few consultations, just to see what your options are.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Smaller implant than desired

+1

Typically the implant size is decided by both parties, surgeon and patient, before the operation.  We believe that diameter is the best indicator for choosing an implant size, followed by volume.  Get another opinion.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Breast implant size

+1

Perhaps your chest could not accommodate the larger implants?  If you are unhappy with your surgeon go to another one. 

400 cc to 500 cc but only 300 cc for Breast Augmentation

+1

If your chest wall and breast imprint would accommodate the size of implant requested, then that is an odd position to take.  However, if 500 cc was too large for your chest wall, this may be a more reasonable position.  If you want a second opinion, find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

What Can I do?

+1

Looks like you have two options. One is following the advice of your surgeon who seems to offer only one option. The other is to seek another opinion from  another surgeon. 

There are no photos or enough other info here to make any specific comments, but you certainly may ask your surgeon about the choice of implant size and the rationale.

All the best.