Suddenly Need Breast Lift After Augmentation - will I need a vertical lift?

I posted recently here re:possible breast lift post-ba.Many responses indicated that pictures would help and I post a few now for you.My PS is not happy to see breast tissue hanging over my textured,anatomical implants 21 days post BA.I have been told to wait 6 weeks but would need a vertical lift if this continues(was never suggested pre-BA).I need as much info ASAP to plan the future cost + time off work.I especially need to know the chances of this reversing itself.Current PS has not answered.

Breast lifts aren't suddenly needed - it was needed all along

+5

From the photos you clearly had droopy breasts from the start and needed the lift all along.  The implants are not going to settle to the point where this isn't the case.  If you don't like the look you have, heal for 3-4 months and then do the lift you needed from the start.  This is just my opinion and doesn't constitute medical advice or a consultation.

Ptotoic Breast prior to Breast Augmentation

+3

aztecprincesse looking at your pictures it appears as if you have a classical case of what is called the " Snoopy deformity". This is when the breast tissue "slides" over the implant after a breast augmentation procedure. The reason for that is that your breast were ptotic or sagging prior to your operation. When the sagging is minor some times a simple breast augmentation my help lift the breast with out need for more complicated procedures. But when the breast sag significantly an addition procedure may be needed. To address your situation currently I would wait 3 months prior to going ahead with what looks like a anchor type incision breast lift to correct the deformity.

Good luck and let us know how it went.

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Breasts need lift after augmentation

+2

Droop did not come from the procedure, it was there prior to the procedure.

Sometimes, it is possible to position a breast implant a bit lower, to raise the relative nipple position on the breast.  However, there is an increasing risk of a double bubble deformity with this maneuver.  Also if there is significant drooping of the breasts, it is much better to do a lift.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Breast Lift Revision

+1
You appear to be a candidate for a breast lift and a revision of breast implants to a smaller size.

Each surgeon has his or her guidelines for postoperative care. The surgeon that you choose will be in the best position to guide you for the time off as he or she will know the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.

South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles. We charge $4000 + MD Anesthesia related costs for breast lift with saline implants. Gel Implants tend to be about $1000 to $1500 more. Since you can get quality work at lower costs, patients will travel from throughout the state, the country, and internationally to have surgery in South Florida.

To ensure that you are receiving quality work at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast lift after implants

+1
I agree that you probably needed a lift from the start.  Normally if your nipple is below the crease of your breast then you needed a lift. Implants won't correct this drooping.  There is some debate as to whether a lift and implants should be done at the same or different times.  You should get a nice result with a vertical type breast lift.  Good luck!

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Suddenly Need Breast Lift After Augmentation

+1

I would agree with many of the surgeons here. You likely would have benefited from a lift procedure. No harm is done, however. Consider it a two stage procedure instead of one. A vertical lift can be done typically at around 3-4 months after your augmentation. Good luck!

Christian Prada, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Needs breast lift after breat augmentation

+1
You needed a breast lift before the implants, and need one now after the implants. I would wait a few months before considering a lift...let the blood supply to the nipple get stronger and the scar tissue mature a bit. Also, it appears that your implants are very full and the upper edges are very visible...were these placed above the muscle? If so, either they were way too large or your tissue is too thin to allow a natural result with them in this position. I am not sure what your aesthetic goals are, but if you are looking for a natural result, you will need an implant exchange in addition to a breast lift, and maybe a change of pocket position.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

it does can occur particularly if the implants are placed under the muscle, your implants slightly higher and your nipples slig

+1

Thank you very much for your enquiry, it does can occur particularly if the implants are placed under the muscle, your implants slightly higher and your nipples slightly in lower.

This is a condition which is sometimes known as a double bubble phenomenon.

I think it would be worthwhile discussing this fully with your surgeon as the options in some cases lie between lowering the implants or raising the nipple position.

I think it would be ideally for you to see before and after photographs of patients your plastic surgeon who's treated in the similar fashion and this will help you make the best decision for you.

I wish you the best of luck if you do decide to proceed with treatment.

Best wishes yours sincerely,

Adrian Richards
Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon
Surgical Director of Aurora Clinics

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

The pictures you have submitted seem to indicate you had some sagging (ptosis) of your breasts prior to the augmentation.  If that is the case (best determined by seeing preoperative photos), then you will need a breast lift to correct your current appearance.  I would wait until at least 3 months after your surgery before undergoing any revision as your breasts are still healing.

There is also a possibility that your implants may be too high and/or too large.  Again preoperative photos would help make this determination better.  Sometimes, a small amount of sagging can be corrected by placement of implants directly centered on the nipple.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD

+1

If you posted you before photos I do not recall seeing them. But anyway you most likely needed a lifting in combination with you implantation. I recommend to wait 3 months to allow full healing before having a lift. I call the appearance as shown in your so kindly posted photos the "double bubble" effect, or the breast tissue has fallen off the implant. Sorry for all your issues.