Sudden Tightness in Chest 12 Days After Breast Augmentation?

I had a BA 12 days ago, and today experienced extreme tightness in my breasts for around 9 seconds-ish. It then subsided and I experienced some tingy-ness sensation on my left side which then also subsided. My breasts have been feeling heavier than usual and I called to tell my doctor, & she had her receptionist answer that this is normal and that this is probably transitory pain. Does this sound normal or should I be concerned? There is no discoloration on my breasts and I dont have a fever.

+2

Your complaints do not sound particularly troublesome. If it recurs, call your doctor and ask to be seen. All the best. 

Tightness after breast augmentation

+1

The most common cause of tightness after iniital breast augmentation is the stretch on the muscle of soft tissue.  Like a spasm. There are other causes of tightness as well including respiratory in nature and all of which should be investigated in person with your doctor.

Tightness after breast augmentation

+1

The discomfort and heaviness you describe after your breast augmentation are likely due to muscle spasm and can be part of the normal post-operative course.    Other problems such as hematoma or infection usually are accompanied by swelling, discoloration/bruising, continuous pain, and fever.  Since you do not have these symptoms, you should be reassured that your discomfort is likely self limited.  If the tightness persists, contact your plastic surgeon for evaluation. 

Myrtle Beach Plastic Surgeon