Sudden Swelling and Twitching 6 Months After Ribgraft Revision- Why? Should I Worry?

Hello, I had revision rhinoplasty with ribgraft 6 months ago and few days ago part of my left sidewall suddenly swelled up little bit and I am experiencing almost constant twitching in that place. There is no pain it is just twitching, feels heavy and since then my left nostril is little bit choked. Unfortunately I am from Europe and my doctor is from US so I cannot go to see him. Could it be an infection or just random swelling which will go away by a time? Thank you very much

Swelling 6 Months after Nasal Revision with Rib Graft

Increasing swelling 6 months after a revision rhinoplasty with placement of a rib graft is not normal. You ask about an infection which is possible. If you cannot see your surgeon, call him and ask for a referral in Europe to examine and evaluate your nose.

Twtiching of chest wall

It is difficult to say what this is. It may represent spasm in the muscles that were manipulated to obtain the rib graft. It is a good idea to see another plastic surgeon near you to be evaluated just to make sure.