Are Sudden Eye Bags Precipitated by Prolonged Force in Under Eyearea Permanent in Mid 30s?

I'm 34yr male model who til 3 wks ago before what was supposed to be a simple standard eye test with an optometrist, bilaterally had under eye areas of someone in late teens being totally clean/smooth. The optometrist without permission inserted his thumb w/ great pressure into my under eye areas claiming to test for tear quality. Since, my eyes look my age+ as they have produced bags, lines, sunken in, orbit looks dark & distinct from cheek. Pls will they heal naturally or will I req' surgery?

Force to under eye area won't cause permanent changes

+1

I’ve not heard of eye tests causing permanent changes to the eyes. You may have had an allergy to one of the drops used and that should get better over time.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

It would be improbable that the trauma you are describing would cause a permanent change.

+1

However, given your occupation as a model I am sure your situation is horrifying.  I think the best thing here would be to see a cosmetically oriented oculoplastic surgeon for a personal assessment.

Unusual outcome

+1

What you are describing is quite unusual and honestly very unlikely. Often the visualization of a "new sign" is the realization of an old problem.

Now certainly a bit of swelling/bruising is possible after an over aggressive palpation of the tissues. If that is the case, then it should fully resolve in a few days to a couple of weeks

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon