Can I have a successful rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I'm 24 years old and since I can remember, I've always hated my nose. I feel its too flat/wide and nostrils are showing too much, like a pig nose. I am half Italian if that helps in anyway and everyone else in my family has perfectly pointed nose so I'm not sure how I got stuck with this nose! I would like to go for a thinner, pointer, more "mature" looking nose, but is it possible?

Can I Have a Successful Rhinplasty?

+1
An experienced surgeon can significantly improve your nose. Of coarse the word "successful" is relative but a good surgeon will carefully describe reasonable goals and expectations. I agree with your critique of your present nose.

Can I have a successful rhinoplasty?

+1
An artistically performed rhinoplasty can modify the size as well as the shape of the nose in a variety of ways to produce an improved cosmetic result depending on desired outcome, individual anatomy and surgical expertise.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggestyou find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. Youshould discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Can I have a successful rhinoplasty?

+1
It is possible to refine the nose and improve the appearance of the nasal tip. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will evaluate your nose in person and provide you with advice. Computer imaging software may be used, where your surgeon can morph a photo of you. This will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear, and serves as a fantastic communication tool between you and your prospective surgeon. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1
Your nose would benefit from a rhinoplasty. Your nose is a bit wide and your dorsum is too short and is not straight.These are some of the issues that should be addressed.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

You can have a successful Rhinoplasty

+1
Based on your photos, your nostrils are too wide, and your bridge is too flat.  You should expect an excellent result.  Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam, and to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

You can have a successful rhinoplasty.

+1
You can have a successful rhinoplasty with care and planning. Computer simulation can help you "try out" changes to see how they will work in balance with your features. Seeing is believing.

Rhinoplasty for Italian nose

+1
The nasal changes you are desiring can certainly be achieved. You would be best served meeting with a few surgeons to discuss your wishes. Choose a board certified surgeon with examples of work that you like who also understands your wishes.

Cheers

David Shifrin, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate for wide and flat nose

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure can address the issues that are bothering you, such as narrowing the wide nostrils with an alar plasty. Wide nasal bones are addressed with medial and lateral osteotomies. The flat nose is addressed by augmenting the nasal bridge usually with patient's own cartilage. The tip could also be addressed as well.

Can I have a rhinoplasty?

+1
Based on the limited pictures, I believe you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty and possibly septoplasty. Some of the views indicate that you may have a deviated septum and lack the dorsal height. You may also need more tip defining procedures. I would seek a facial plastic surgeon and start your consult process.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I have a successful rhinoplasty?

+1
The tip and alar base can be narrowed and refined to give you a nose like you have described.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.