How Successful is Reducing/Taking Out Fat Transfer to Cheeks?

At 6 weeks post-op (face and temporal brow lift with fat transfer to cheeks), I do not like the look of the fat transfer on my cheeks. My face looks distorted and harsh. My PS told me to wait 3 months for the swelling to subside. If at that point, I'm still unsatisfied, what are my options for taking out or diminishing the excess fat?

Fat transfers to cheeks

+2
1. Fat transplants will partially absorb for 3 months.
2. At that point, fine cannula liposuction may reduce your cheeks.
3.  If the fat is in muscle, it may need surgery to remove.

Cheeks

+2
It is most certainly wise to wait at least three months, if not six months to year , after your surgery to assess the result. The fat may or may not entirely persist in the cheeks and the changes you see in the cheeks could be due to a combination of the fat and the other two procedures that were done. The fat theoretically could be removed with liposuction or more precisely with an open procedure. It is unlikely that you will need this done. 
During this waiting time be sure not to gain weight. Sometimes losing weight will cause fat to shrink.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to face

+1
I would agree that waiting several months is a good idea because some of what you see may be swelling and some of the fat may also not take and resorb.