How Successful is Punch Excision of Ice Pick and Chicken Pox Scars?

I had a fractional co2 resurfacing done to reduce ice pick and chicken pox scars 2 weeks ago. However I don't see much of an improvement. I am considering punch excision. Did a research online but found that people always complaint of a indented linear line scar after excision. Please tell me based on your personal experience, What are the success rate of punch excision?

For ice pick scars, is punch excision best?

Ice pick scars can be treated by punch excision with a small, 2mm punch and then sutured. Sometimes, a simpler technique is to apply 75% trichloracetic acid into the depth of the scar on the tip of a toothpick. This will often close the scar though it may take several tries.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Punch excision for acne scars

Punch excision is one method of many that attempt to improve acne scars. No one technqiue is perfect, and yes, it can leave a linear scar.