How Successful is Punch Excision of Ice Pick and Chicken Pox Scars?

I had a fractional co2 resurfacing done to reduce ice pick and chicken pox scars 2 weeks ago. However I don't see much of an improvement. I am considering punch excision. Did a research online but found that people always complaint of a indented linear line scar after excision. Please tell me based on your personal experience, What are the success rate of punch excision?

For ice pick scars, is punch excision best?

+1

Ice pick scars can be treated by punch excision with a small, 2mm punch and then sutured. Sometimes, a simpler technique is to apply 75% trichloracetic acid into the depth of the scar on the tip of a toothpick. This will often close the scar though it may take several tries.

Miami Dermatologist

Punch excision for acne scars

+1

Punch excision is one method of many that attempt to improve acne scars. No one technqiue is perfect, and yes, it can leave a linear scar.