How Successful is Pulsed Dye Laser for Treating Post-Acne Red Marks?

I had breakout for 5 years went on antibiotics and topical treatments and Now it has more or less stopped. However the acne always leaves behind red marks that do not fade with time and increases.I discovered that PDL isthe gold standard to remove the redness as it's due to presence of many tiny cappilaries in the skin whic developed when there is a pimple to supply inflammatory cells to rid of the bacteria. when the pimple subsides the cappilaries fails to decoagulate thus leaving the red marks. How successful is this?

Redness from acne is treated very well with the VBeam - pulsed dye laser

+1

I think that the best laser to treat redness from acne is with the PDL.  It also helps improve acne.  It will help prevent these areas from forming scars too.  There is very little discomfort and downtime.  A white mature acne scar is best treated with a resurfacing laser like the Fraxel Dual, 1550 laser.  

Yes, Pulse Dye laser helps w/ acne scars

+1

We use the PDL (from Candela) on a regular basis to remove capillaries, redness, and bumps from acne scars. It works very well for your condition, costs are low, and results are outstanding. Dr. G

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pulsed dye laser for acne scars

+1

I use the pulsed dye laser quite often for patients suffering with acne and post-acne scarring.  The red marks left behind after a bad breakout can definitely be treated with the pulse dye laser.  This laser is very safe (even in some darker skinned individuals), quick, and has little to no downtime.  Depending upon the situation, I usually recommend a series of 3-5 treatments with this laser for red acne scars.  In most cases this makes a big improvement in the marks, making them lighter and disappear much more quickly then if left alone.  Good luck.

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist