How Successful Are Medpor Chin Implant Removals? (photo)

Small(5.5mm?) button medpor chin implant for over 4 months. Makes me look better but just can't get used to it. Would like to remove it but what are the chances my chin will go back to looking like pre-op? Original PS said everything would go back to normal but a different PS told me it would never look the same again. I'm in my late twenties and hoping skin is still elastic enough to return to normal. Original surgery was intra-oral but is submental removal possible? -Deathly Scared

Successful Removal of Medpor Chin Implant

+1

Your Medpor chin implant can be successfully removed. Your chin may not look exactly as it did before surgery, but it is very unlikely that it will look abnormal. I strongly advise you to leave the implant in place.

Medpor chin implants very difficult to remove.

+1

Hi.

You should wait a year because you may get used to it.  Removing it may leave deformity, and it is not a question of skin elasticity.  The chin muscle may not reattach to the jaw bone properly.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)