How Successful is a Lumineer and Teeth Whitening Combination?

I want some flexibility with the cost for improving my smile. How often do patients have satisfactory results when they use lumineers and whiten the remainder of their existing teeth? I want to use lumineers on my top 4 front teeth and have the rest whitened to match.

Whiten first,,then Veneer second..

+1

Make sure that the teeth have at least a week to color stabilize after the whitening is done.. Lumineers sound easy and great but most dentists I know find them bulky and not very reliable cosmetically. Standard veneers are what I have personally and would not consider Lumineers even tho Im certified to place them...

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Combining Lumineers and WHitening

+1

Before committing to this process I would ask to see before and after photos of this procedure.  Make sure the photos show retracted views. In general I have not been very impressed with most Lumineers cases because the teeth are tend to look very monochromatic and opaque.  They also look bulky and don't have proper anatomy.  THere needs to be at least 0.5 mm of 

Lawrence Singer, DMD
Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Whitening and Veneers combination treatment

+1

Combination can work, if done carefully by an experienced dentist and the ceramist. It is very difficult to match porcelain to natural teeth. Whitening of the reamining teeth first, followed by veneers would be the best sequance if you decide to proceed. Lumineers (no-prep version) adds a some extra bulk to your teeth, and generally blends better if done on 8-10 teeth (entire smile zone), unless your natural teeth are smaller in size.

Hema Patel, DDS
Fremont Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers and whitening

+1

If you want to combine Lumineers and whitening, you can do it. However first step should be whittening of your natural teeth to desired shade. And when you are satisfied with the outcome of bleaching don't forgett to wait for about 2 weeks for your new collor to settle down. After that you can do any kind of veneers and you should be fine. Good luck!

Zina Kaleinikova, DDS, MS
Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Can you do whitening on some teetha and veneer on others?

+1

Combination  treatments work if done properly.  First whiten the teeth you will not veneer, then try to match the  veneer  shade to the newly whitened teeth. I personally am not a fan of Lumineers , and believe the traditional veneers have much better aesthetic outcome. Good luck.

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers and whitening

+1

The way to best blend veneers with natural teeth is to use veneers on all the teeth you see when you smile. This is usually 8-10 upper teeth. Ideally, you would whiten your lower teeth first, then have your new veneers shaded to match that.

However, if you can really only afford a few veneers, you would whiten the teeth you are NOT veneering, then have the veneers match that new shade as described before. It is very difficult for a dental laboratory and dentist to blend the porcelain with the natural teeth, but you may be able to get a decent result when using an experienced cosmetic dentist and lab.

Good luck!

Andrea Stevens, DMD
Ottawa Cosmetic Dentist