Subtle Swelling After Botox. How Long Will it Remain?

I am 11 days post-botox treatment only for frownlines. I see some improvement, but also very slight swelling/widening of my nose bridge right between eyes and area between eyebrows that probably only I can notice. But it is definitely there and worrisome because I can't tell yet if 1) it has stablized or 2) if it will continue to worsen if the botox is not finshed doing its work. If it has stabilized will what I see remain as is until the botox itself wears off in 3+ months?

Stabilization occurs by 2 weeks, so you're almost there...

+1

as the muscles relax, they no longer pull the eyebrows together and that of course may lead to the appearance of widening or moving apart of the inner portion of the brow...the slight swelling may be due to muscle trauma or bleeding as an aftermath of the injection...it should disappear soon...don't worry about continuing to have your brows separate to a noticeable degree...as you say, only you can notice it...and it will stay that way...and you will see a gradual return to normal as the botox slowly wears off

Botox in frown lines

+1

The subtle widening you are noticing is most likely due to the relaxation of the corrugator muscles which were treated to resolve your "frown" lines between your brows.  There should not be any persistent swelling from the treatment at this point.  The changes should be stable at this point.  If you have any further concerns I would recommend you return to your provider for a full assessment. 
Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

LeBeau Clinic

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling or tissue rearrangement after botox

+1

You may be experiencing some tissue drooping. Although the glabellar region is considered a depressor muscular activity, and Botox injected there helps lift the tissues, it is possible that some of the Botox was injected in an area that reached the frontalis muscle and caused the forehead to droop along with the eyebrows and you're seeing a "bunching" up of skin and not true swelling. This will gradually improve as the Botox starts to wear off in 12 to 16 weeks after injection.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Swelling following Botox

+1

Any side effects experienced are associated with the injection site, and may include the following:

1) Slight bruising
2) Swelling
3) Temporary ptosis (drooping of the eyelid)
4) Allergic reaction at the injection site
5) Muscle stiffness near the injection site
6) Headache

Swelling and movement of your brows towards your ears may cause the illusion of a wider nasal bridge.  The side effects are temporary, and after the Botox has worn off it is not likely you will experience any residual side effects. Thanks and I hope this helps!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Subtle Swelling After Botox. How Long Will it Remain? ANS:

+1

Swelling after Botox is usually due to the fluid used to mix the product and it normally subsides in hrs to maybe a day or two. You could be noticing muscle not smoothing out evenly as it normally should so I recommend going back to let your Nurse Injector or Doctor take a look since they may be able to make things better for you.

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After Botox of Forehead?

+1

In my opinion, botox injections and swelling last about 5 days. This depends on skills of injection and quantity.

Michael Stefan, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Subtle Swelling After Botox

+1

After Botox injections for frown lines your eyes may appear slightly wider/more open and your brows may appear lifted.  So perhaps with these changes you are noticing an apparent widening of your nasal bridge.  The full effects of Botox should be in effect in 2 weeks.  The good and the bad with Botox is that it goes away, but hopefully you will be pleased with your results.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

You are most likely seeing a subtle droop of brow tissue into the glabellar area.

+1

The effect of this is often interpreted as swelling.  It is not swelling.  At 11 days your BOTOX has taken effect and any extra fluid from the treatment was gone within hours of the service.  

Swelling after botox

+1
Botox comes in a solution that gets absorbed in minutes to hours.  Any residual swelling is either a small blood collection that your body will resorb over 2-4 weeks (at most), or it is a pre-existing lump that you may not have noticed previously but has always been there

Martin Jugenburg, MD