Substitute to Fat Injections for Butt Augmentation?

I want to increase the size of my buttock. Is there a safe injection? I don't want Fat injections. I'm really skinny and don't have much fat to extract from my body. What should I use?

Buttock augmentation alternatives

+1

Perhaps the best way to augment the buttock area is to use your own fat.  There are no FDA approved alternatives available for this purpose.  Another option is a silicone gluteal implant.  This implant can only increase your buttock size but can not reshape the gluteal area.  Gluteal implants can migrate, become infected and develop hard scar tissue over time.

At this time, I would only recommend a fat transfer to the buttock for augmentation unless you are very thin and do not have enough donor fat.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for more information.

Dr.Bruno

Options for buttock enhancement

+1

There are no substances other than a paitent's own fat that should be injected into the buttocks as there are no other biologic or synthetic substances at the curren time that are proven safe in the long term. I still believe the buttock enhancement with fat will likely be your best option. I have had several patients in the past gain weight prior to surgery in order to have enough fat to harvest for fat grafting.

good luck

Sean A. Simon, MD

Buttock augmentation in Skinny patients

+1

Hi there-

There is no safe and long lasting injectable for buttock augmentation available at present.

This is not to say, however, that you cannot achieve the improved buttock volume you desire- despite your thin frame.

Implants work well in thinner patients, and the Brazilian Butt Lift technique is still a viable option for you, provided that the preoperative strategy is appropriately tailored to your needs.

Find a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery with a lot of experience enhancing the buttocks and discuss your goals and options with them. It sounds to me like you have a few good options, but injecting substances would not be recommended.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS