Is Subsicion with 5 Affirm Laser Treatment Effective for Reducing Boxcar and Rolling Acne Scars?

My Dr recommended Subcision with 5 Affirm laser treatment to reduce my boxcar and rolling acne scars.

Subcision and Affirm Treatments for Acne Scar box car scars

+1

5 treatments are a lot and going into something like that seems tough in my opinion. I like the subcision approach because you are getting the scar to raise up. But instead do less treatments with the co2 laser. I would do the multilayered approach with co2 laser resurfacing.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Subcision is helpful for rolling but not boxcar type scars.

+1

I do not find the Affirm laser to be very effective in helping either rolling or boxcar type scars.  I get much better improvement combining Fraxel Repair Laser or the Cynosure Fractional CO2 laser with subcision.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon