What Does Suboptimal Placement Mean when It Comes to Breast Implants?

Had implants done 3 years ago, 200cc, bottonning out. i am considering to remove them. Can i just remove the implants (simplesurgery) without any other procedure? A doctor has mentioned my problem sounds like a suboptimal placement. more info would be greatful. Thanks

Suboptimal Placement

+1

Suboptimal placement is the opinion of the surgeon that examined you regarding your implants - meaning he thought they were not placed very well. Without pictures, I cannot give my opinion whether I agree with him or not. Sure you can just have the implants removed and have no other procedure. As long as you are happy with the look. We just want everyone to be happy!

Bakersfield Plastic Surgeon

Sub-optimal placement just means that they could be positioned better.

+1

Sub-optimal placement is a generic term that mean that the implant could be positioned better.  The specifics of how they would be better positioned is not implied in the term.  Removal of breast implants is a straight forward procedure that can be performed under local anesthesia in your plastic surgeon office.  It involves opening the incision around the areola or the breast fold after it has been number up.  The implant is removed and the incision is sutured up.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Bottoming Out

+1

Bottoming out can and does occur with Breast Augmentation. It is most commonly associated with placement of very large implants. Yes, removal of the prosthesis is often the simplest, easiest and most cost effective solution to the issue. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon