Will Subglandular Breast Implants Help my Carpal Tunnel Symptoms?

I had submuscular implants removed and would like to replace with smaller implants. Should I go submuscular again or subglandular? I had carpal tunnel like symptoms before and was told if I get the new ones subglandualar that would help. Also, subglandular wouldn't cause double bubble as I age?

+1

Carpal tunnel is thought to be related to swelling compressing the nerve within the anatomic confines of the wrist. Repetitive motion can make this worse.  I do not see how this condition is related to breast implants in relation to the pectoralis muscle.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Carpal tunnel and implants

+1

I know of no studies that suggest carpal tunnel syndrome getting worse, better, or staying the same after getting breast implants.

Subglandular breast implants help my carpal tunnel symptoms

+1

As stated by the previous expert posters, Drs. Rand, Whitt, Aldea, no medically known relationship between carpal tunnel syndrome and breast implants has ever been established in any medical studies.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Breast Implants have NOTHING to do with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

+1

There is as much of NO medical relation between Breast Implants and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is caused by many conditions which cause swelling of the wrist tendons which pass through the tunnel. This has nothing to do with breast implants and their location vis a vis the muscle. I would therefore also doubt the reliability of other information obtained from this source.

Breast implants and carpal tunnel syndrome

+1

I have treated thousands of carpel tunnel syndrome and have never seen one (nor seen in the literature) as a contributor in any way to carpal tunnel syndrome.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants & Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

+1

I fairly sure that there is no relationship between breast implants (regardless of their position) and carpal tunnel syndrome.  I feel that the benefits of submuscular implants outweigh the disadvantages in most women.

Subglandular implants and carpal tunnel syndrome

+1

To my knowledge, there is no asociation between subumscular implants and carpl tunnel syndrome. The anatomy doesn't suggest a connection either.  Stay submuscular in my opinion.