Submuscular High Profile Silicone Implants Much Too Hard/Tight 6 Weeks Post Op?

I recently had secondary ba with submuscular conversion HIGH PROFILE 425L and 475R. It's been 6 weeks and ive had no swelling for the last two weeks, until this morning..I woke up with my right boob three times larger than my left and it has been hurting really bad for days. Feels like the pain I felt a few days after surgery! I am very worried as my right boob is extremely swollen and it's Sunday so I dk if it's emergency or what?

Increased pain and swelling needs to be looked at

+1

I agree with the other surgeons. This is something that needs to be evaluated. Worst case scenario is that you have a small hematoma (collection of blood) in the pocket that needs to be evacuated. This would have to be done in the OR but it would immediately correct the problem. Best of Luck!

Sudden breast swelling 6 weeks after secondary breast implant surgery

+1

The most likely explanation is that you have developed a late hematoma, perhaps caused by a torn vein in the implant pocket.  This will need to be treated urgently.  The good news is that with proper treatment, there is a very good chance that your long term result will be fine.

John Q. Cook, MD

Sudden swelling after breast augmentation

+1

Sudden swelling is not normal and is usually caused by bleeding into the breast pocket.  You may have torn a small scar band.  This is urgent: you need to see your surgeon ASAP as the longer the blood is in the pocket the more likely you are to develope a capsular contracture.

Daniel Greenwald, MD