Submuscular Breast Augmentation for 64 Year Old Woman?

I am 64, small build, lean and healthy, very small breasts that with age have dropped some. I would like to have some shape.

I am an A cup and would like to be a half size larger and be lifted for a nicer look. Is submuscular augmentation a good choice for me?

Breast Augmentation: In front or Behind the muscle

+2

It just all depends on your breasts. It really has nothing to do with the age. You may be fine with submuscular or you may need a dual plane (type II or III). I generally dont ever go in front of the muscle. If there is a need for subglandular implants, meaning the skin needs some filling and lifting, then a dual plane which uses the advantage of both subglandular and submuscular position would work well.

Good luck.

Breast implants in a 64 year old

+1

The key issues are the amount of sag (ptosis) as well as the amount of tissue and your overall health. Pending medical clearance and a full aesthetic consultation breast augmentation is an option.

Breast lift and implants

+1

You certainly can get a small implant and a lift in most cases. Of course you need an exam first during a consultation.

Implants over the muscle are better to correct any sagging.

+1

Hi!

Your age is not an issue.  Of course, the position of the breast implants is chosen after examining you, but, in general, if there is any sagging to improve, you will look better with implants over the muscle.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Submuscular breast augmentation

+1

Provided you are in good health and don't use tobacco products, breast augmentation with or without a lift (mastopexy) may be an excellent option for you. Submuscular implant placement sounds very appropriate, as it will camouflage the implant more. Given your lean build, and the probable loss of tissue from the upper pole of the breasts, a silicone gel implant may be a better choice, as it will demonstrate less visible rippling.

You'll benefit from an evaluation by a board-certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Breast Implants at 64 years old

+1

Age per se is not a contraindication, If you are in good health and you have met with your plastic surgeon to determine yours goals and expectations and to review the risks, then you should have no significant increase in risks. You appear to be realistic in size goals. Your surgeon will evaluate your skin with the "pinch" test to determine if a subglandular or submuscular place may benefit you best. You will get a slight correction of ptosis (drooping) just with the augmentation,but i more needs to be done there are alternatives. Good Luck!

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Consider silicone implants

+1

If you have a lean build and not much breast tissue, you may want to also consider silicone implants. They are somewhat more like breast tissue, so in a very lean patient they feel slightly more "natural." Discuss both saline and silicone with your doctor. I think submuscular sounds like a good plan. Make sure you are in good health and have your primary care doctor see you before surgery.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Submuscular is probably the best pocket

+1

You state you are lean and have very little breast so I would suspect the submuscular pocket would give you the best results. You can discuss the pros and cons with your surgeon but it is generally better to have more tissue thickness over the implant; no matter what your age is.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

You need to be seen and evaluated.

+1

It sounds like you need a small implant and a breast lift ( mastopexy). Exactly where the implant is placed is up to the plastic surgeon and the amout of droppiness you have has to be evaluated.

Things can be done and your age should not be a factor as long as you are healthy.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast Augmentation for a slight lift

+1

Breast implants are a perfect solution for an individual that has a good overall shape -- but slight droop from breast atrophy. This is usually secondary to pregnancy, weight loss, or age. Refilling the envelope with a submuscular saline or silicone implant will make you happy and feel better about your self.

Richard Greco, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon