Would Submental Liposuction Under Chin or a Necklift Work for Me? (photo)

I'm very thin and pretty tall, but the underside of my chin has always bothered me. Seems fatty compared with the rest of my face. Was hoping maybe some lipo down there would help define it and my jaw better. What procedures would you recommend and how long would the results last? The first picture is how I normally look. The second picture is with my tongue pressed against the roof of my mouth and "flexing" that area. Based on these pics, could the results look like the second picture? Thanks

Neck lipo?

+1

I think your chin and neck profile really looks pretty good as it is.  I wouldn't recommend any surgical intervention, either lipo or neck lift, for you at this time.

Would Submental Liposuction Under Chin or a Necklift Work for Me?

+1

You would benefit from an in-person consultation but based on these photos a Neck Lift wouldn't make sense.  You may have a little bit of fat that could be removed via lipo - and sometimes removing just a little bit can make a dramatic change - but I can't tell that much from these photos.  Unless there is at least a litlle fat, lipo would also not make sense.

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Based on your photos, you may not have enough fat to perform liposuction on. I advise you to get a professional consult and opinion by a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Submental liposuction

+1

Thank you for the question. Based on the photos you provided it does not appear you have enough fat for Submental liposuction. It would be best to schedule a consult with a plastic surgeon to review your goals and outline your options.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

Submental liposuction

+1

I do not think that you have a signficant amount of fat in the submental region to improve your neck significantly based solely on the photos posted.

Will submental liposuction be beneficial?

+1

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately the photos you submitted don't clearly define the issue you are concerned with. Many people who undergo submental liposuction who have localized fat and some skin laxity are very happy with the results that are achieved.   I suggest you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for a proper evaluation.

Good luck.

Richard A. D’Amico, MD, FACS
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Would Submental Liposuction Make A Difference?

+1

Your photos are not convincing that there is really enough fat in the submental area to make much of a difference.  A physical examination may be more convincing. But certainly submental liposuction can be done. It is just a question if it would be worthwhile.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Reviews (729) Photos (2229) Q&A (2517) Forum (117) Doctors Would Submental Liposuction Under Chin or a Necklift Work for Me

+1

Before offering an opinion I would want to see a similar photo with mouth closed but at rest.

No matter how tight the neck, it will look lax with the mouth open enough. I am not sure I see enough even on the left sided photo to suggest treatment, and if the little laxity I do see is gone with your mouth closed at rest, I think any intervention may do more harm than good. 

All the best. 

Is neck liposuction a good option for me?

+1

Often times there are a combination of factors that contribute to the aging neck such as excess fat, loose skin, and muscle laxity. Neck liposuction is a very good option for people that have isolated fat in their neck.  Neck liposuction can be performed with short operative times and minimal recovery. Neck lift procedures are good options for people that require fat reduction, skin redraping, and muscle tightening.

Scott Farber, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Neck liposuction of neck surgical lift

+1

Neck liposuction works only if there is a fat pad under your chin or jaw bone. If you have no fat then liposuction will not work.   The surgical neck lift addresses excess skin  and or muscle structure that hinders a sharp neck line.    The liposuction takes only one hour at most but the surgical neck lift takes 2 hours. Your photos are not very clear and this is not a good photographic diagnosis to attempt.  A surgeon that is ABPS-FACS needs to evaluate you and discuss this with you.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon