Submental Lipectomy. Pros Vs Cons? Can you help me understand what risks I am taking?

Submental Lipectomy. Pros Vs Cons? Can you help me understand what risks I am taking. I am a 33 year old male. Approximately 5-9 and 195lbs. I have a slight double chin, but was told that if we do the submental Lipectomy the fat will never grow under my chin again. Good idea or bad idea? Thanks in advance. Have a blessed day!

Laser liposuction is a good option to treat her double chin.

+2

Thank you for your question and photographs. You are young with good skin elasticity and I do not believe he need a neck lift. Laser liposuction and produce excellent results correct double chin young male patients like you. Please see the link below.

Neck liposuctions have minimal risks if any.

+2

A neck liposuction for you should make a great improvement and be easy to undergo with minimal if any risks if done under local. You are back to work in 1 day and cost is roughly $2500 on special. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Submental Lipectomy/Liposuction

+2

Removal of fat below the chin in someone in their thirties is generally an excellent procedure because your skin is still elastic and will conform to the new contour created. The most reasonable method of accomplishing this is through liposuction rather than lipectomy (an open procedure). The first thing I would do, however, is to lose weight. At your height, I would suggest losing around 30 pounds. You will still

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Fat Removal from Underneath the Chin

+2

As long as the fat removal is overdone, the risk is very small in the hands of an experienced face and neck lift surgeon.

In your situation, my greatest concern would be that the fat removal (lipectomy) will not provide you with the benefit you may be looking for. Before going ahead, you should discuss the pros and cons of chin augmentation and necklift with your facial plastic surgeon so that you are sure you decide on the correct procedure for you that will deliver the best results.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Submental lipectomy/ neck lift

+2

There are 2 locations of fat in the neck: these are sub-mental and sub-platysmal. Both of these types of fat are we removed in order to obtain a nice result in the neck. A platysma -plasty will also be required once the sub-platysmal fat has been removed. If there is excess skin present then a lower face and neck lift must be performed. For many examples please see link below to our neck lift Photo Gallery

Submental Lipectomy is Not Permanent and Other Options Should Be Considered

+2

Markky_03 Thank you for providing the pictures while they are helpful a complete consultation is necessary to determine your best course of action. A submental lipectomy is removal of fatty tissue from below the chin. This fat can be directly (surgically ) removed or removed through liposuction. This can be performed under local anesthesia with or without sedation. The fat that is removed does not come back but that does not mean that you will not again have a prolapse of fat again. If all of the fat was removed you would not have a natural look as your skin would stick to the muscle underneath. At Accents Cosmetic Surgery in Sterling Heights, Michigan I perform this procedure in the sterility and safety of my accredited operating room. It is rare that submental liposuction is performed alone. I use a laser to not only melt this fatty tissue (prior to liposuction) but also to tighten the skin.Normally my patients are back to work in 2-3 days. I invite you to come for a complimentary consultation. Please check my website and video below.

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Submental, lipectomy, neck, chin

+2

Hi, the procedure is relatively basic and for someone your age provide a nice enhancement of the area. This can usually be done in a relatively short time, approximately 30 minutes with the proper equipment. The area under your chin has a number of important structures and potential anatomic situations that can affect your current situation under the chin. It is hard to say exactly without an actual examination of the area to determine if there are other factors involved. Overall, the submental lipectomy can deliver some nice results when properly selected as a treatment measure.

Michael A. Carron, MD
Detroit Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

An exam would be necessary to make specific recommendations as to whether submental liposuction or a neck lift would be more beneficial.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.