Midface Lift Possible After Cheek Implants?

Can I have a subperiosteal midface lift in the future if I have existing silastic or porex submalar cheek implants in place?

Midface lift after cheek implants

+1

You should not need a subperiosteal midface lift if you already have cheek implants in place. You might consider removing the submalar cheek implants and increasing the size or just leaving them in alone.

Mid-Facelifts after cheek implantation

+1

Depending upon the facial aesthetic goals, there are several  different techniques and approaches to achieving a "lift of the mid-face". Cheek volumization with fat grafitng, radiesse, Perlane or Juvederm can be performed safely around most cheek implants and can often provide the volume and proportional needs of the aging face. Other more surgical  procedures of a fallen cheek fat pad and jowl, which position the soft tissue and fat back over cheek implants can be performed. Although the presence of the cheek implants makes the mid-facelift more challenging, all experienced facial aesthetic focused plastic surgeons will be in a position to offer you valuable advice on how best to achieve your facial cosmetic goals when there has been facial aging changes some years following a cheek implantation operation. Always see a physician for a formal consultation before acting upon any online information.

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Midface Lift after Cheek Implants

+1

I have done midface lifts on patients that I had placed cheek implants many years before they experienced facial aging. With modifications in the technique, a successful result can be achieved.

Cheek Lift Surgery with Facial Implants

+1

Yes, and technically more challenging as others surgeons have already stated. After a comprehensive evaluation by a plastic surgeon specializing in facial procedures can an appropriate option for you be determined. Alternatives to a midface or cheek lift would be to place a larger silicone implant, facial fillers, or fat injection.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Midface lift possible after cheek implants

+1

Yes, but the surgeon must be very experienced as stated by other expert posters. Be careful out there! Seek at least 3 opinions.

From MIAMI DR. B

Yes you can have a midface lift after having cheek implants.

+1

Make sure you go to an experienced plastic surgeon who has done this. There are several ways to do this and he can tell you which is for you.

Midface Lift with Implants in Place

+1

Technically the answer is yes. However, it is very challenging to do a midface lift over an existing implant. Probably a better answer would be to place a slightly larger implant, rather than have a different procedure.

Best of luck.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgeons vary in their approach.

+1

Generally the answer to this question is yes.  The more detailed answer is that generally the original implant is not doing what it was meant to do so it also needs to be removed and replaced by a more anatomically specific implant.  I solve this problem by hand carving an ePTFE orbital rim implant. This can be extended into the cheek implant area and also the tear trough hollow.  The implant is fixed to the orbital rim with microscrews and then the entire cheek is vertically lifted onto the implant.  Results of this type of surgery can be seen on my website.