Subdermal Implants to Raise Calf Tattoo

Hi, I'm going to have a subdermal implant put in my calf area that will be used to raise and accent part of a tattoo I have in that area. I'm looking for a source to build the shape and what you recommend it be manufactured from. It is a tattoo and implant that are in honor of my two children who have Autism and are very tactile. Thanks! Brian

Los Angeles Calf Implants

+1

Hello Brian,

At our practice we prefer Spectrum Designs Medical silicone implants.  I would not recommend a subdermal implant placement as there are several related risk including extrusion, and soft-tissue necrosis.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

CALF IMPLANTS SHOULD BE SUB FASCIAL AND NOT SUBDERMAL

+1

i do not recommend getting subdermal calf implants as i believe there are higher risks for complications such as :

1. extrusion
  2. visibility
  3. palpability
  4. skin necrosis (loss)
  5. and loss of sensation

among others.

i recommend silimed calf implants. they also have a custom kit.

i don't think the manufacturers  matter that much. the placement matters more.

if you want to have maximum visibility and palpability:

• subdermal is the way to go but again i do not recommend it for the reasons listed above

Dr. Carlos Cordoba
MDCM, CSPQ, FRCS, FACS
Plastic & Esthetic Surgeon
4055 Ste-Catherine O. Suite 100
Montreal, QC. Canada H3Z 3J8
514-932-7667

Carlos Cordoba, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Supplier of custom made solid silicone implants

+1

I’ve used custom made implants from Spectrum Designs Medical. They carry both solid silicone blocks that may be carved to a specific shape and custom made solid silicone implants that are created using a moulage kit. The blocks come in 3 types: soft, medium and firm.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon