Subcision and Sculptra on Non-scarred Tissue?

I have rolling and ice pick scars on the face. My doctor recommends subcision and Sculptra on the whole face rather than spot-treat each scar. What are the pros and cons to this combination, particularly to the normal non-scarred skin?

The treatment of ice pick scars

+2

You might need focal treatment to individual scars after the Sculptra is done. If you had focal treatment only to the scars, you might find later that you could benefit from Sculptra to the whole face, but make sure that your doctor doesn’t think that your normal, non-scarred facial skin won’t get too augmented by the Sculptra changing your cheeks to look something different than your accustomed.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com