Subcision or Excision for Ice Pick Acne Scars

What is the recovery time for this procedure?

Subcision excision for ice pick scars

+1

The recovery time varies but the first week is when you get most of your improvement. However for ice pick scars I prefer TCA CROSS and then once the scars are more level with the non scarred skin, then a multilayered approach with co2 laser resurfacing would be best.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have the best results with extensive subcison and Fraxel Repair Laser.

+1

I have the best results with extensive subcision and Fraxel Repair Laser.  It appears that many of your scars are rolling scars with some ice pick scars.  Either way, subcision and Fraxel Repair Laser is great for the rolling scars and Fraxel Repair Laser alone is my best tool for pitted acne scars.  I also do individual vaporization of pitted scars with a focused combination CO2/Erbium Laser if the pitted scars are quite large and deep.

Web reference: http://www.gatewaylasercenter.com/AcneScarBeforeAfter.html

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon