Subcision and Fraxel for Boxcar Scars? (photo)

I plan on receiving Fraxel but was interested in receiving subcision before hand in hopes that both combined would give a better result. Would subcision be recommended for my scars. I feel that it would definitely help on my right cheek especially towards the middle and outer side. On my left side would it help the boxcar scar on the outside or the line on the inside at all? I understand that there is no such thing as 100% improvement but would it be possible to look like the third picture?

Acne Scar treatment

+1

I agree with you!  If you only proceed with the Fraxel, I think you will be disappointed.  You need to find a physician who will work with you, employing different modalities to achieve optimal results.  you do not want to proceed with a doctor who offers you Fraxel alone.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Acne scar treatment

+1

Fractionated erbium or carbon dioxde laser treatments are used commonly for acne scars such as boxcar, rolling hills and ice pick scars.  Subcision is more helpful for rolling hill type or depressed acne scars and needle stippling is helpful for icepick scars. I don't guarantee that your acne scars will improve to the third photograph; however, you will see improvement.

Cheryl M. Burgess, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon