What Style of Implants Should I Get for a Chiseled Look?

I am interested in getting small malar implants to add definitio and alleviate the slight fullness I have on my lower cheeks. But I am worried I will come out looking like Jennifer Lawrnce whose face is well puffy in my opinion. Any tips?

+1

I have used Cheek Implants to shape the face for 25 years.  I'm going to guess that you're female based upon your screen name.  If that is indeed the case, creating angularity on your face with small Cheek Implants will make the face appear more masculine and less feminine/attractive.  This is not the aesthetic goal when considering a more naturally, feminine and attractive face.  You might want to have a consultation with a plastic and cosmetic surgeon that understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty...before moving forward with the proposed plan.  Hope this helps.

Options for style of implants for cheeks

+1

There are many different sizes and shapes of cheek implants.  You would need to have a consultation in person to help determine the ones that could potentially be used on you to obtain your desired result.  Malar implants are a type of cheek implant that is placed on the prominence of the cheek bone.  This normally gives the effect of a higher or more prominent cheek bone.  This would not make your lower cheek more full, but by making the cheek bone more prominent, it can make the lower cheek appear less full in relation to the rest of the face.  If this is your goal, then a malar implant should be able to help.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

cheek implants

+1

A cheek implant acts as  a volumetric augmentation to the cheek area. Malar implants buildup the higher malar area while sub-malar implants buildup the lower malar area. The cheek implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of examination and consultation .This has nothing to do with buccal fat pad atrophy.  For examples of patients who have undergone cheek implants in our practice please see the link below