Very Stuffy 9 Weeks After Rhinoplasty?

I had my rhinoplasty 9 weeks ago. I use my saline rinse every night. The saline doesn't even flow through to the other side, it comes back out the same nostril when my head is tilted. I use my Afrin (one squirt in each nostril) before bed. That is the only time I can breath normally, at night time. During the day, the stuffiness comes back, and I am nasal-y sounding with little air flow all day. It is so annoying b/c I answer phones and speak with customers all day. Is this normal?

Very Stuffy 9 Weeks After Rhinoplasty?

+1

It's not unusual to have internal nasal swelling from the incisions used for a Rhinoplasty.  This swelling lasts a variable amount of time from patient to patient and should be evaluated and followed by your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Nine weeks after rhinoplasty you should be breathing normally.

+1

Hi.

It sounds like you could breath normally before surgery.  I am afraid this will probably not improve on its own after nine weeks. If your surgeon does not have the answer, go see an ENT doctor.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)