Stuck in a Dilemma - Eye Strain Caused by Ptosis

I went in with a revision with my original surgeon but alas he told me after that he is very conservative in correcting ptosis. The reason I got the revision ptosis repair was because my left eye was experiencing a lot of strain! otherwise I would have waited until winter break. He predicts that the eyelid when swelling is gone will rest a tiny bit (0.25mm) above the pupil, whereas before it rested about 1.5mm below the pupil. Should this at least help the eyestrain until more ptosis repair?

Revision ptosis repair

This is a tough one without photos.  I could generally say that you could revise this again but with an inner-layer technique called a Putterman procedure.  If your eyelid isn't corrected after healing then you could have this performed with minimal down time and anywhere from 2 to 3 mm of correction.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon