Stubborn Fat on Thighs? (photo)

I am 22 years old and I have been struggling with fat that sits on my upper thighs my entire life -- I think it looks like I have butt cheeks on my upper thighs. I have been an athlete my entire life, partially as a result of my bigger build, but whenever I am out of season, I have noticed that the fat rapidly increases in this area.

Liposuction of Thighs

+1

Liposuction of thighs may be reasonable in your case if there is a great deal of fat amenable to liposuction.  Muscular patients may just be muscular, and only an exam can determine this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction on Anterior Thigh

+1

You may be a great candidate for liposuction in that you're young and active and have only an isolated pocket of fat that bothers you. However, without an examination, I can't tell how much of your anterior thigh is adipose tissue that could be removed, and how much is simply muscle. I recommend seeing a physician who can evaluate you in person.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Paradoxically, liposuction works best on people who need it the least.

+1

Patients who are fit and have small amounts of fat in unwanted places get the best results from liposuction.  The provided picture is poor but the patient is young and claims to be fit.  The fat is deposited in a discreet area which should be easily treated by liposuction.

Stubborn Fat on Thighs?

+1

Would be happy to respond but the poorly posted photos are of NO help. Best to seek in person evaluations. 

Liposuction for thighs

+1

Liposuction or liposculting for the front and the back and sides of the thighs is a common procedure in my practice. I must say that I try not to do liposuction for patients less than 25 yrs of age. for some reason their weights fluctuate a lot and it can affect the final outcome. if you were my patient I would recommend you wait for a few yrs, stabalize your weight and then seek another opinion.

Misbah Khan, MD

There are several options for fat reduction

+1

Hello

Thank you for the question and the photos.  We are all predisposed to storing and maintaining fat and certain areas of her body and for you your upper outer hips and thighs is where you are likely the store yours.   Fat reduction in this area can be performed in a number different ways.  At this time the two most productive ways for you would be either liposuction or cool sculpting.  Liposuction when performed properly by an experienced plastic surgeon has the highest chance of giving you the best results.  Cool sculpting on the other hand will have more modest reductions and less ability to taper and sculpt the fat present.  

All the best

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Lipodisproportions of Fat on Thighs and Solutions

+1

Although your photos are hard to evaluate, I get the idea.  Lipodisproportions of anterior, lateral, medial, and even posterior thighs can be removed by liposuction.   It would be ideal if you would stabilize your weight swings.  Try to attain stability at least within a reasonable range.   Then seek liposuction advice from  a surgeon that is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon