I Believe I May Have Damaged My Nose Three Years Rhinoplasty Post-Op.

I understand that after about 9 months should be full strength following rhinoplasty. I had this done (so-so pleased) about 3 years ago. But last week i was wearing a very very tight respirator (strapped on bridge of nose) at work and for the last 4 days my nose feels (not looks) been pushed to the side and is swollen. Did i fracture or move my nose permanently again?

Rhinoplasty after 3 years.

+2

No you did not do any harm! After 3 years it would take a major blow to the nose to fracture it. The selling will go away.

Is my nose shifted?

+1

Yes, it does appear that your nasal bones are shifted to one side.  There must have been a significant force to the front or opposite side,of the nose, to create a nasal fracture 3 years after your Rhinoplasty.  It looks like you'll need a Rhinoplasty to fracture the nasal bones back to the midline, typically performed at 3 weeks after the trauma.

Swelling 3 years post rhinoplasty

+1

doubtful that the pressure of a mask could move the bones. If the swelling is still present in another 3-4 days, reconsult your plastic surgeon for a quick evaluation.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Noses are very stable three years after

+1

After three years your nose is quite stable and firmly healed and it would take more that the pressure of a mask to damage your nose. After three years you are not really 'post op" any more and the nose is 'you'. You should be fine.

peterejohnsonmd

Swollen

+1

Your nose does appear to be swollen but, straight. I don't think a tight mask would break the nasal bones ar this point. Let the swelling go down.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD