I'm 196 lbs, 5'3". Will Laser Liposuction help me or will I be wasting my money?

About 6 years ago , I had a tummy tuck (2008) I was 186 lbs and the doctor told me liposuction wouldn't do any good. Here I am at 196 lbs looking to have Laser Liposuction.....I have visited a doctor and he claims he can do it at my weight of 196 lbs .. if so, will I see any good results or be wasting my money?

I think it is premature to do laser lipo at the present weight

+2
i think in most cases laser lipo gets very good results if you are within 15-20% or less of your ideal weight. you are significantly heavier than this. i would recommend that you get your weight down to about 150 lbs and then go for the laser lipo and  then continue to lose more weight. this will give you a much better result., i believe. 
i have done a lot of laser liposuction cases (Smartlipo).

good luck.
david berman md

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

+2
     I would have to see pictures or examine you to make a determination.  I will say that liposuction results are very surgeon dependent.

Liposuction after a tummy tuck

+2
I think that you need to be seen in person and be properly evaluated and also review your goals and potential outcomes. Good luck.

Liposuction

+1
Without pictures or a physical examination, it is difficult to say what the best treatment plan would be. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction at 196 pounds

+1
Areas of fat can be treated while you are at your current weight, but liposuction is not a total body fat reduction treatment. I have done liposuction on women and men even larger than you and got good results.  Some were so excited with the change, they were motivated to loose more weight.  However, your best results will be when you are close to your ideal weight.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Make Sure to Include Good Diet and Exercise

+1
You will be wasting your money if you don't exercise and eat correctly. So if a consultation for laser doesn't include that discussion, I would not go there. Also, if the doctor is just doing laser lipo and no lipo, I would not go there either. The procedure is actually called laser-assisted liposuction; for the most of us, laser first then lipo make things sculpt easier and make healing faster and easier. You will not become skinny tomorrow from this -- but it can be a start for some.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon