How Can I Bulk Up Tissue & Strengthen Existing Cartiladge

I Would Like to Have a Stronger Cartilage Foundation,  but I Have a Thin Skin Envelope with No Fat.  I have a flimsy cartilage that does not have much contour, the strength of the cartilage doesnt give my tip and sidewalls and columella much support as I recently developed a cleft in the middle of my nose which can be seen because of my thin skin envelope. I only want a stronger nose foundation that shows it can hold itself up and appears more sturdier through my skin. I want to bulk up the tissue as well as strengthening the existing cartilage underneath is this possible?

Nasal cartilage

+1

After reading your question I have the unfortunate news that there is not a magic cartilage enhancer.  There are, however, surgical opportunity to graft cartilage from various donor sites.  The donor is site depends on the amount needed, as well as the thickness.  Good luck to you.

Can't strengthen the nasal cartilage without a Rhinoplasty.

+1

If you are asking if you can do some sort of exercise, take some supplements or something other than a Rhinoplasty to strenghten your nasal cartilage...sadly, the answer is no.  This would require a Rhinoplasty to rotate the nasal tip and provide additional support to the nasal tip area.

Cartilage strengthening

+1

Cartilage overly and additional grafting techniques can be used to strengthen your existing nasal structure.  Using a combination of septal, auricular, rib or even calvarial cartilage or possible options.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

How to provide more nasal tip support

+1

There are a variety of techniques and materials used to provide adequate nasal tip support and projection.  This is usually done in conjunction with a rhinoplasty surgery, however.  The use of nasal septal cartilage or rib cartilage may be quite helpful to achieve this.  Short of surgery, I am not aware of any other significant  nonsurgical helpful treatments including the use of fillers.  Consult a board certified plastic surgeon to address your specific concerns

Stephen Delia, MD