How Strong is the Nose at 10 Weeks?

How strong is the nose at 10 weeks after a Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty and Nasal Graft Surgery? I got bumped in the nose, it hurt a little at the time, but there was no bleeding and the nose didn't look any different. Will this injury mess up my grafts that were placed in my nose to help me breath better? I haven't noticed major changes in my breathing, but this still worries me, because sometimes it's hard to pick up on small breathing changes. Thanks.

How strong is the nose at 10 weeks?

+1

After 10 weeks, your nasal bones will be healed if they were fractured, and your nose is pretty strong. I would recommend following up with your physician if you have any concerns, as he/she can ensure you are continuing to heal properly. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

How Strong is the Nose at 10 Weeks?

+1

Usually by 6 weeks, the nose is pretty stable.  If there is any concern, an exam by your surgeon would be in order.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty very stable at 10 weeks post op

+1

At 10 weeks your nose should be very stable.  It will still be sore if you sustain trauma to it but you are unlikely to cause permanent damage.  

10 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

At ten weeks after rhinoplasty, your nose shoudl be pretty strong. By ten weeks, the majority of my patients are at full activity level.