How Strong Will the Nose Be After Asian Rhinoplasty?

I've been elbowed and hit by a ball on the nose accidently, but not enough force to break my nose. How strong will my nose be once it's fully healed after an asian rhinoplasty? I know accidents can happen, but I don't want my nose to fall off if I had rhinoplasty.

Hit with ball after Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and if your were elbowed and hit in the nose with a ball after Asian Rhinoplasty, where an alloplastic graft was used, you should be seen by your Rhinoplasty surgeon.  That amount of physical contact is ill advised in the fresh postop Rhinoplasty phase and should be avoided, IMHO, for at least 6 months after a Rhinoplasty.  It's movement of the grfat or small amounts of bleeding around the alloplastic implant that would be the most troubling...again, IMHO.  Bleeding around an implant can lead to infection and implant extrusion.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Nasal bones may be weaker after rhinoplasty.

+1

Rhinoplasty should improve the cartilagenous skeletal support of the nose, but the nasal bones may be more prone to injury after fracture by trauma or osteotomies in rhinoplasty. Asian noses often have short nasal bones and often do not require osteotomies. If you have cartilage grafts, especially rib grafts, the cartilage skeleton of the nose will be stronger.

Thanks for your question.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty works very well for many Asian patients

+1

If you have some changes in your nose after the injury, such as concavities or asymmetries, another option to consider is non-surgical rhinoplasty using fillers to contour the shape and improve the nasal appearance.  Fillers may be safely used to augment the nasal bridge and improve the definition of the nasal tip.  When considering rhinoplasty in many Asian patients, the primary goals are often improving the shape with a stronger bridge and more defined nasal tip.

Good luck in your search for information!

Web reference: http://www.yourfaceinourhands.com/plastic-surgery/dermafillers-nose.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

How strong is the nose after rhinoplasty?

+1

As a general rule, the bony part of the nose will be stronger after rhinoplasty.  The cartilage part of the nose may be stronger or weaker depending on the technique used.  Fortunuately, plastic surgeons have realized over the years that excessive removal of cartilage leads to a nose that is not strong enough to allow for good breathing.  Most surgeons have refined their techniques so that weakening of the cartilage does not happen.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

How strong will my nose be

+1

Your nose will be just as strong as it was six weeks after surgery. What might be different though  is if you have an implant placed. Trauma may cause an implant to shift or if there is skin breakdown to get infected. These could be significant problems for you.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Injury to nose

+1

Much like any bone fractures, your nose should be as stong six weeks after surgery as it was before. That being said do you have an alloplastic graft that could move?

Web reference: http://www.drcray.com