Stroke After Botox? Possible Side Effect?

I personally know two people who received Botox treatments. One treatment was to stop ocular spasms and the other was for appearance purposes around the eyes. They were both injected around the ocular area. A week later they both have strokes... I was wondering if this is a possible side effect and if there are other cases out there with strokes induced by Botox. botox nightmares, side effects,

Strokes are not likely related to Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox)

+1

This is highly unlikely to be related to the Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox)  and should be related to the FDA.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/skin-procedures-chicago/injectables/botox/

Botox, cosmetic, Migraines, Spasticity

+1

Botox has proven to be effective in relaxation of muscles around nerves both in the face to soften lines and into muscles as a therapeutic treatment for chronic migraines and spasticity.  Most recently the FDA approved its use in pateints with chronic migraines.  Injectors of botox should not inject in a manner that would cause a stroke.  A stroke is from the arterial side of the circulation.  Botox is an extremely safe and effective treatment for wrinkles, chronic migraines and spasticity.

Botox and Stroke

+1

Unlikely related to the botox injection.  Botox paralyzes the muscles and even if it was to get systemic, meaning in the blood stream, it would be unlikely to cause the stroke. 

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-botox-newport-beach.php

Strokes and Botox

+1

both incidences were likely not related to the use of Botox- a neurotoxin used in very small doses to paralyze muscles that it is injected into

Germantown Dermatologist

An unrelated serious adverse event

+1

The events were coincidences. Botox will not cause a stroke. Systemic symptoms reported with medical uses of high doses of Botox (in sick children with CP) have been difficulty swallowing or breathing. Botox is very safe for cosmetic use.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist