I Have a String Coming out of One Little Spot on my BA Incision? (photo)

Is it normal? is It going to heal by itself? Also I want to know how my other incision look. It seems that some of the stitches came off and its healing. I had my surgery done on 6/6/13

String coming out of my incision

+2

It looks like you have a "spitting" suture that just needs to be removed or trimmed by your surgeon.  Typically the deeper sutures dissolve on their own but sometimes they don't so your body is working it out and basically pushing it to the surface.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

I can see a string on my incision

+2

What you see there is a suture that is supposed to dissolve over the first 2-3 months after surgery. In this case, and this is not uncommon, the body didn't dissolve it quickly enough and so it is "spitting" it out. You can see that it isn't infected as there isn't any redness around it. If you call your surgeon they remove it for you.

Shannon O'Brien, MD

These sutures need to be removed.

+2

The sutures picture appeared the nylon. Whether they are or not it would be best to have been removed.

"spitting" suture

+2

As others have said, it appears as if one of the deeper sutures that usually dissolve is working its way to the surface, or "spitting."  Usually, these sutures will dissolve between 2-3 months; but in some individuals, they may work their way to the surface.  I would suggest that you call your plastic surgeon; then he or she can remove it for you.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Suture

+2

Hi

That looks like one of the deep sutures that usually dissolves at around the 3month mark.

When the body can't dissolve it, the body finds a way to "spit" it out.

The best plan now is to get your PS or his/her nurse to remove it.

Good luck

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

I Have a String Coming out of One Little Spot on my BA Incision?

+2

Looks like the end of a suture.  Best practice would be to have your surgeon removed the suture using sterile instruments. All the best. 

+2

That appears to be a deep vicryl suture in they sub dermal level. Best to see your surgeon for removal sterilely. 

Suture Concerns after Breast Augmentation?

+2

I am somewhat confused in that in one of your pictures there appears to be  external sutures which will need to be removed; in the other picture, an  absorbable suture is visible. Best to be seen by your plastic surgeon for suture removal, if necessary.

Spitting suture

+2

Not uncommon at the end of the superfical closure, the know pokes through. This often can be trimmed, but I would let your surgeon do it.

Suture knot problem after a breast augmentation

+2

It appears that you have a suture knot that has become infected and worked its way to the surface.  The suture needs to be removed.  Once removed the area will heal normally.