I have a string coming out of my incision after 4 weeks. Is it a suture? Also another issue with weirs shape. (photo)

Will this go away? So I assume it is a suture as its like a white wire looking string. I'm afraid to pull it. Also I had a capsuloraphy with implant replacement to gel. 4 days after surgery both breasts look like the implant is poking out a little at the fold. I thought it would go away but 4 weeks later both are the same giving them a weird angled look. I know I did not do this by ripping any stitches as I was in bed for several days in sport bra. Is it Permanent and should I cut the string or talk to the doctor?

Breast Implant Sutures

+2
Yes, the suture looks like an absorbable suture that coming through the skin or incision. This is relatively common. Your plastic surgeon can easily remedy the situation by trimming the suture.

Sometimes the capsule is opened inferiorly (at the crease area) and the implant bulges out, if it has no other place to go. Ask you plastic surgeon about this issue.

Best wishes

West Orange Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1

You should see your PS about your concerns.  See them sooner than later.  As for the shape, it will take several months to get a better idea of what the final shape will look like.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Get thee to thy surgeon

+1

You should see your surgeon for your concerns regarding your shape and your spitting stitch.  You do not want the stitch to cause infection or inflammation, especially when there is an implant near by.

I cannot answer your shape questions except to say that it's too early to judge.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Concerns with your result

+1

It sounds like you have undergone a revision procedure.   Please see your plastic surgeon to have your suture removed.  He/she can best address your concerns regarding your breast shape.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Early appearance at 4 weeks should improve with time, but your suture should be removed.

+1

Greetings,

You should get back to your plastic surgeon to have the exposed suture removed. It can be a source of a late infection if you ignore it. If you cut it out yourself, you may accidentally infect your breast.

The shape of post-operative breast tends to improve with time. Your plastic surgeon should see you again to evaluate his result and to follow your recovery.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Suture

+1

The suture should be removed.  It's best to get your surgeon to do this for you.  The shape of your breasts may improve with time.  When a capsulorraphy is done, some surgeons overcorrect as there is some loosening with time.  This could be responsible for the abnormal shape.

Please follow up with your surgeon who can best address these concerns.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Suture Showing After Breast Surgery?

+1

Best to have your plastic surgeon removed the sutures for you. He/she will be able to address your questions/concerns regarding the breasts' shape as well.

Suture after surgery

+1
That string does look like a suture and while it is likely not a big deal, it is something you should discuss with your surgeon.  The same goes for your concerns regarding the appearance of the implant.  Give your surgeon a call and discuss your questions with him or her.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon