Why Can't I Striaghten my Arm After my Arm Lift?

I had an arm lift 4 wks ago. Last Sat when I woke up I was unable to straighten my right arm. When I try to you can feel a band that seems to run acorss the bend of my arm. It seemed to start as 3 little veins and now its a wide band. I'm not sure if it is tendons or what. They ultrasounded my arm and said I had a blood clot. I'm now on thinners but this band in my arm seems to be getting worse and no one seems to know what it is. I need help. I'm very worried.

Venous clot.....probably.

+1

This sounds like a very unusual problem. Make sure you stay close to your doctors office (frequent follow-ups) while this gets sorted out.

Good luck,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Clot in arm

+1

It is unclear what exactly you have in your arm whether it is a deep vein thrombosis(DVT) or surperficial vein. If you are on blood thinners it sounds like a DVT.  If so, you have to follow closely with your hematologist to avoid having the clot migrate to your lungs. As for the arm movement issue, you should see your surgeon.