Are These Stretch Marks? (photo)

I'm 4.5 months out from a full tt with mr and BA. I just noticed these marks in my sides and am wondering what they are and if its normal. Otherwise, I'm doing fantastic. I did do planks, crunches, and weight lifting yesterday but I don't think that caused it. Thank you :)

Redness in small stretch marks will subside over time.

+2

I can't make a diagnosis from the photograph but it is possible these are delicate small stretch marks with some persistent inflammation. Stretch marks tend to show redness longer after surgery but eventually this will fade.

Stretch marks after tummy tuck and breast augmentation.

+2

Re your skin photos 4 1/2 months after tummy tuck and breast augmentation:

1. I see dilated veins and skin ridging, not stretch marks, over the ribs.
  2. It could be from lateral liposuction done with the tummy tuck. But you would have seen this months ago. 
  3. If not, your work-out probably activated intercostal muscles that are pulling on skin and muscle near the breast enlargement. Call your surgeon for his/her opinion.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Stretch mark lasers as a part of a Mommy Makeover

+1

We use a combination of two different lasers for stretch marks in our Los Angeles office. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Are These Stretch Marks?

+1

These photos are too close up to allow for any orientation, and I just cannot tell. It is certainly not obvious that these are stretch marks. A visit to your surgeon will be the proper way to get your answer. 

All the best. 

Are these stretch marks

+1

Your photos are really hard to interpret.  The best thing to do is to followup with your plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Stretch marks after work-out

+1

Hello! Your photos are extremely difficult to interpret because they are so close. You should return to your plastic surgeon for follow-up and to see what he/she thinks is going on. Sometimes there is some ridging after liposuction associated with tummy tuck. The stretch marks definitely did not result from the work-out.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Stretch Marks after Tummy Tuck

+1

It is hard to see if these are stretch marks.  Your 2nd and 4th photo look suspicious.   I would share your concerns with your plastic surgeon and also review your before photos to see if they are new or old.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Stretch Marks?

+1

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to tell due to the quality of your photos. One photo looks like you have lateral stretch marks.  It is unlikely that you caused these marks by  working out Discuss this matter further with your surgeon.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon