Stretch Marks After TT a Year Ago? (photo)

i had a tt a year ago and im so concerned about my sm still being above my bb.i wouldnt have been that worried, i feel like the doctor didn't pull me down enough cause i hate the wrinkly skin i get when i sit or bend. i saw so many pictures here that's similar to my before, and their sm are below after a ttl.is it possible for me to get a revision done and bring my sm below my bb so the wrinkly skin can go away when i bend n sit and will i end up with a vertical scar? I know that all of them cannot be removed. I seen a lot of reviews here that has stretch marks way above their bellybutton and after surgery they were brought below the bb. i am mostly concerned because i do not like the wrinkly skin I get when i bend and sit. or can my skin be pulled more tighter so i dont get the wrinkly skin when i sit or bend

Stretch Marks and Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty)

+2

It is hard to say if your PS did not take out enough skin to move your stretch marks below your belly button.  I try to remove as much excess skin that will produce a great result but that will not increase the chance of complications (poor healing, skin/tissue loss, opening of the incision).  Revisit with your PS to see if you are a candidate to improve your result.  I think your result is very reasonable.

Dr. ES

Strech Marks

+1

The   strech marks   are a very common  condition presented   after   maternity  , obesity   or  any gain  and lose   weight ,  In CASES   were    the   strecht  marks   over    the  belly  bottom  as  you have    almost in   your complete  abdominal  area   there  is  no  way   to   get  rid  of  them , there  is no  treatment    for   them ,    just    to  cut  them  in the  abdominoplasty  and  this is   what    your plastic  surgeon have  done  to  you . 

Cynthia Disla, MD

Stretch Marks After Tummy Tuck

+1

Based on your pictures, you have a good result. Since the stretch marks involved most of your abdomen, there is no way to remove all of them.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Stretch Marks After TT a Year Ago?

+1

You had very severe sm as you demonstrate in the before posted photo. We can NEVER remove ALL the sm in a full TT. This result is very acceptable. 

Stretchmarks after Tummy Tuck

+1

If the stretchmarks are confined to the area below the belly button prior to surgery, then the stretchmarks can be removed with the tummy tuck.  If the stretchmarks extend well above the belly button prior to surgery, these will remain after surgery.  I would not revise your current result, which is good.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Stretch marks and tummy tucks

+1

Stretch marks occur in all kinds of patterns.  Sometimes they're limited to just around or below the belly button.  Other times, like in your case, they extend far above the belly button.  When they are limited to below the belly button it may be possible to remove them completely, or at least remove a significant amount.  Unfortunately, when they extend far above the belly button it is usually impossible to completely remove them with a tummy tuck.  Similarly a revision will not be able to get rid of them.  Incidentally, was the 'after' picture you show taken one year after your surgery?  Your scars are still awfully pink.  If no one has suggested it, sometimes silicone rubber strips worn 23 hours a day for a couple of months can help quite a bit.  These can be purchased on the internet. 

Kelly R. Kunkel, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and stretch marks

+1

You had severs stretch marks on your abdomen and it is not possible in your case to remove them all with the procedure. Sorry.

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

We cannot remove all the stretch marks in a TT. Your shape is very good. Discuss this with your surgeon. Thomas Narsete, M.D.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Stretch Marks After TT a Year Ago

+1

Looking at your pre-op photos, there is no way that all the stretchmarks above the navel could have be moved to the lower abdomen. 

Even now your closure looks tight. When a person bends or sits, the chest and pelvis move closer together, and the abdominal height diminishes. Your skin has lost elasticity--that is why you had a TT to begin with. The skin in the abdomen will always fold some in sitting/bending posture. Swimsuit models are always standing, often bending backward. 

You have a very short vertical scar now--if that bothers you, that is the only thing likely to improve with a revision. I would discourage trying for anything else. This looks to me like as nice an outcome as is possible.

All the best.