How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks if Can't Get Tummy Tuck?

From what I have read it appears I couldn't get a tummy tuck. I'm 5'1" and fluctuate between 103 and 108 lbs. From what I can tell I wouldn't be a candidate for a tummy tuck because I have very little extra skin. Is there anything I can do to improve the appearance of my abdomen?

Tummy tuck candidate

+1

You definitely have separation of your tummy muscles and probably have excess skin. At the very least, you could have a mini tummy tuck and repair and bringing the tummy muscles together. There is always something that can be done to enhance the apearance. I am offering a temporary price reduction on all cosmetic surgery. I do many poatients from out of the California area. Watch my video!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks are forever

+1

Unless you do a tummy tuck to remove some of them, your stretch marks are permanent.  You do look like you could have one, just with a higher scar than some.

Tummy tuck is a solution for abdominal stretch marks

+1

Based on your photo, an abdominoplasty would remove the stretch marks below your belly button, but the stretch marks radiating out above  your belly button would simply be moved to the lower portion of your abdomen. You might be happy with this improvement, but you might not be as well. All depends on your expectations.

Improvement depends on how much laxity you have, and only a physical exam by a plastic surgeon can confirm that. To date, there are no other reliable ways to fix stretch marks other than excising them with a tummy tuck. Lasers, liposuction, injections, creams etc do not work for this problem.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/tummy_tuck.php

Stretch Marks are Permanent

+1

Stretch marks are permanent cracks in the skin which CANNOT be erased by any current treatment. When you hear anyone touting THE cure for stretch marks be extremely suspicious.

it appears you do not have enough loose skin to allow a Full Tummy Tuck and removal of a large portion of the stretch marks. I would nonetheless go see several Plastic surgeons and see what each had to say. Start with our society's directory at www.PlasticSurgery.org