Stretch Marks Treatment After Massive Weight Loss?

Hello I had a massive weight loss and now i am in shape , i needed and tummy tuck which i have already done and the results are satisfactory i had really long stretch marks on my stomach even after the tummy tuck they go all the way up to my chest and even on my flanks ,i have consulted my Plastic surgeon and he said that there is nothing much we can do about them except for E2 laser which is the newest laser treatment in the market and it gives satisfactory results , I Aam 26

Abdominoplasty after massive weight loss. Stretch mark treatment?

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.  Glad that your tummy tuck went well.  It sounds like you still have residual stretch marks.  This is common, expecially if they were very long and extended greatly.  Stretch marks are a scar in the dermis.  Sometime one can excice them out, as with a tummy tuck, but some might remain.  Some doctors like laser to treat the redness.  Others like silicone sheets or creams.  Results will vary.  Like anything else, be careful with treatments and be reasonable with your expectations.

Stretch marks keeping the problem for skin treatments

+1

i have tried a superficial intradermical autoplastma infiltration to release up the stretch marks  and inmediatelly  a superficial dermical abration for 2 stages every month and voila: great improvement but it is veery important  to protect the skin with a sun block twice a day during  4 months in order to prevent pĂ­gmentation

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Lasers give Moderate Results

+1

There are only 1-2 lasers which say they can improve the stretch marks.  I carry several different lasers in my office and medspa and I will only suggest 10-20 percent improvement in the stretch marks ideally.  The best solution is excision of the stretch marks.

Tripti Burt, MD