Stretch Marks on Hips and Legs?

good morning, what are the reasons of having stretch marks on the hips and legs? is there any food or drink that can be the reason of showing them? how to remove or decrease them without surgery? what to do to prevent them from increasing on the age of thirties?

Stretch Marks on Hips and Legs?

+1

Thank you for your question. Stretch marks are caused by rapid stretching of the skin associated with rapid growth or weight change.  It's also associated with puberty, pregnancy and hormones. You can try stretch mark cream to help diminish but will not go away completely.  I would recommend avoiding sun exposure to these areas and wear daily SPF 30 with zinc. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Stretch marks

+1

Stretch marks are caused by hormone changes in the dermis, the deep skin layer. They occur with puberty, pregnancy, prednisone and other steroids.

I know of no way to remove them.

If you are getting stretch marks for no known reason, have your doctor check what you are taking to be sure none contains hormones you don't know abot.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD