Stretch Marks in a Thin 14 Year Old on Thighs Only?

14 year old with stretch marks, both light violet and white on upper thighs. No weight gain or weight loss of significance. Began at 12 . She is a normal sized young woman at 5ft 5 in. 110 pounds at ever heaviest. Skin is translucent and beautiful on face, hands, arms, abdomen.

Stretch Marks at age 14?

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Lasers can help stretch marks

+1

We don't have a magic eraser for stretch marks, but lasers can help improve the appearance. The pulsed dye laser can help remove the pink/violet color, which can improve the appearance by blending the color of the stretch marks with the surrounding skin. The crepe paper texture of the stretch marks can then be addressed with the FRAXEL re:store laser.  Both lasers require multiple treatments, which make treating stretch marks an expensive endeavor. In my experience, a 50% improvement would be a reasonable expectation if both lasers are used.

Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon