Better for Stretch Marks - Collagen Induction Therapy or Palomar Laser?

Which do you think is better for stretch marks, collagen induction therapy or palomar laser that can effectively reduce its appearance by at lease 75%? Thank you, Tina

Palomar Artisan for Strech Marks

+1

In my pratice we utilize the Artisan 1540™: Fractional non-ablative laser to treat stretch marks that are fully developed and are white or light in color.

Fractional resurfacing is a selective treatment, that leaves the surface of the skin unharmed. Instead, the laser damages tiny columns of skin, creating hundreds of microscopic wounds that boost collagen production and help the body heal stretch marks.

Fractional non-ablative lasers boast a short recovery time – the skin will just be pink in the treated region for about a week.

Treatment of the lower abdomen takes about an hour and half, but it takes five to six treatments to see results. Sessions should be spaced three to four weeks apart.

Fractional lasers cannot remove stretch marks completely. After six treatments, the stretch marks should fade by about 50%.

I hope this information helps. Best of Luck,

Dr. Clevens

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon